Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just like Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake, only a little lighter! Moist and fudgy, just be careful not to overbake. I made this for DH's birthday, then kept leftovers in the fridge until a dinner party where I served it with pureed strawberries and whipped cream--chocolate strawberry shortcake! It got lots of compliments!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mix on low for one minute, then scrape sides of bowl.
- Mix on medium for two minutes or until batter is nicely blended.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan then lightly dust with flour. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 58-62 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed and begins to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool 20 minutes, then turn cake out of pan.
Made this the other day & used some of it to bribe a 12-year old kid in our mobile home park to help me out with a kid-friendly challenge for ZWT6, & both were big successes, both the drawing the girl helped me with AND the cake! Even took your hint & served it topped with some sliced strawberries, which was a nice change from the usual frosting! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]