Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A woman I work with brought her homeade chicken salad to share with us recently. I don't usually eat chicken salad, because I tend to stay away from mayonnaise. Her salad was, however, light, delicious, and mayo free! She inspired me to put my own favortie ingredients together to make this recipe, which paired very well with some lentil soup and homeade whole wheat bread. Add your own fresh herbs to enhance the flavor!
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 lb romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used fat free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken pieces and romain lettuce in a large bowl.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Pour over chicken and lettuce and toss, mixing well.