Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A variation of this classic dish that ups the protein and cuts the fat.
Make and share this Lightened up Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick.
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the milk in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add fresh basil.