Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was posted on Weight Watchers. com but I enjoyed it so much (plus it was filling too) I didn't want to lose it. I made some minor changes that won't affect the point count - I figure 4 pts/serving. This made so much filling that it really is enough for 2-3 burritos (or served as scrambled eggs).
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (I used a blend of southwestern style beans)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (egg beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fat free cheese, shredded
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- In a skillet sprayed with a lot of Pam (or use a non-stick skillet) combine onion and pepper over medium high heat, cook stirring until soft. I added the leftover salsa from Recipe #341779s - but any other salsa or veggies would be great.
- Stir in beans and egg beaters (and chipotles or jalapenos if desired). Cook until eggs and veggies are cooked and set.
- Top with cheese (I used WW cheese).
- Place on warmed tortilla, topping with salsa and roll up -- or skip the tortilla and eat as scrambled eggs.
Love it! This is a great breakfast for the whole family. Today it was just me and I found it was way too much food for one. But I think perhaps just right for 3 with a little fruit salad on the side. I used some leftover beans which I pureed, the eggs are real in our house, and the pepper was red instead of green. This would be great for any meal! Thanks ellie!