Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This cream cheese banana bread has lots of banana flavor and a nutty texture.
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- In large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pans, coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
What a wonderful lower calorie bread. I made 1/2 of the recipe or 1 loaf. I had a slightly warm slice with a little butter and it was nice and moist with a medium density. I liked that the bread was just the banana and nut flavors, no nutmeg, cinnamon etc. This really didn't taste like a low calorie bread!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.