Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
After years of making my great-grandmother's banana bread - and receiving rave reviews - I thought it was time to put my own spin on the recipe and make it a bit healthier. BTW, the husband LOVED this bread. What he doesn't know only makes him healthier, ha. ;)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas and sugar until combined.
- Sift and add the flours, soda and salt.
- Stir in the oil and applesauce, and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.