Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite recipe for au gratin potatoes comes from The Dillard House in Dillard, GA. I have found a way to lighten this recipe up so I can still have it while watching my calories. These are simply fantastic.
- Peel and boil the potatoes until fork tender, let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2qt casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Shred the potatoes with a grater and add to the dish.
- Pour the evaporated milk over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the potatoes with the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, let cool to thicken. If it is a bit runny simply stir the cheese in and wait, it will thicken.