Top Review by megs_
Perfection! This tasted to me, JUST like Taco Bell's, except healthier. I used a taco seasoning packet in place of the seasoning, fat free beans, and omitted the onions/olives. With the beans I mixed in a little cumin, salt & pepper, and chili powder to give them a little extra kick. The tomatoes really sold me on this, that's my favorite part of Taco Bell's version. I scaled the recipe down to one, and it was easy to do. Watch the tortillas in the broiler - they crisp faster than you would think! GREAT recipe - thanks for sharing!!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon diced minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (Spanish is best)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inchinch")
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) canlow fat refried beans
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
- 2⁄3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain.
- Return meat to pan and add the salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water.
- Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and bake until crisp.
- Heat refried beans.
- Stack each pizza by first spreading 1/3 C beans on one tortilla.
- Next add 1/3 C meat, then another tortilla.
- Top the second tortilla with 2 T of salsa.
- Divide the tomato, cheese, onions and olives evenly and top in that order.
- Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes.