Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a lightened version of Taco Bell Mexican Pizza - Copycat
Make and share this Lightened Taco Bell Mexican Pizza - Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon diced minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (Spanish is best)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inchinch")
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) canlow fat refried beans
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
- 2⁄3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain.
- Return meat to pan and add the salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water.
- Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and bake until crisp.
- Heat refried beans.
- Stack each pizza by first spreading 1/3 C beans on one tortilla.
- Next add 1/3 C meat, then another tortilla.
- Top the second tortilla with 2 T of salsa.
- Divide the tomato, cheese, onions and olives evenly and top in that order.
- Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes.
Perfection! This tasted to me, JUST like Taco Bell's, except healthier. I used a taco seasoning packet in place of the seasoning, fat free beans, and omitted the onions/olives. With the beans I mixed in a little cumin, salt & pepper, and chili powder to give them a little extra kick. The tomatoes really sold me on this, that's my favorite part of Taco Bell's version. I scaled the recipe down to one, and it was easy to do. Watch the tortillas in the broiler - they crisp faster than you would think! GREAT recipe - thanks for sharing!!
We loved this! Substituting ground turkey and fat free refried beans, it didn't taste exactly like Taco Bell's version, but similar enough. I'd preheat the oven first next time because I was waiting around for it to get hot (should have read all the instructions first!)...thanks for making over one of my favorite "I'm starving" comfort foods!
This was really great! Recipe first rate! Used one large no fat pizza base and half the cheese! This pizza SURE did please! Used half the beef, 1 can chili refried beans...LOVE the versatility! GREAT taste and love the low fat versatility!