1/5 Photos of Lightened Scalloped Potatoes With Cheese
Adapted from Cooking Light. If you prefer a different flavor cheese, then you may substitute whichever type you prefer, just so long as it is real cheese and not reduced fat. This recipe has already reduced the fat a lot from typical versions, and the amount of the cheese is just enough to give the taste and texture of the real real thing without going overboard. Also - if you are not watching your fat/calories, by all means use whole milk and butter if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Rub garlic halves all over the inside of a medium sized casserole (an oval dish or an 11x7" pan); discard garlic or save for another use.
- 3Grease pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Place half of the potato slices in the pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoons margarine.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/16 tsp pepper, then top with half of the cheese; repeat.
- 6Bring milk to just a boil over low heat in a small pan; then immediately pour into the casserole.
- 7Bake,uncovered,for 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened Scalloped Potatoes With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 305.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g