Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
I love pumpkin pie, but my husband is diabetic. I found an agave nectar that was maple flavored so decided to try it in pumpkin pie. This recipe also uses evaporated milk rather than sweetened condensed milk. And Splenda brown sugar blend.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar (maple-flavored)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 9 inches unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs; whisk in agave nectar, sugar substitute and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, mace, and pumpkin and combine thoroughly.
- Gradually whisk in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes until set.
- You will probably have to cover crust with tin foil to prevent burning.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or maple flavored whipped cream.