1/1 Photo of Lighten-Up Whatever Floats Your Boat Brownies #32204
The original recipe for these brownies was submitted by Chef Karen =^..^=. I tried this recipe for the lighten up game. I substituted the butter with an equal amount of applesauce to try to lower the fat content. WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT is what you add in. Like 1-2 cups of chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, m&m's, nuts, raisins or whatever you like. I did not include any in this recipe so you would what the nutritional values were before adding in whatever floats your boat! The original recipe had 180 calories and 9.9 grams of fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking oil.
- 3In a medium bowl mix applesauce and cocoa until the cocoa is dissolved.
- 4Add sugar and mix well.
- 5Add eggs one at a time until well combined.
- 6Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you can no longer see the flour.
- 7Do not overmix!
- 8Fold in WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT.
- 9Put in pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- 10Do not overbake or your brownies will be dry. If you do the toothpick test it should come out with moist crumbs.
- 11Cool completely and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighten-Up Whatever Floats Your Boat Brownies #32204
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g