Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
A guiltless version of the classic. Serve with salad and a crunchy pickle, and you'll be in heaven!
Make and share this Lighten-Up Reuben Wrap recipe from Food.com.
For the dressing
- 59.14 ml pickle, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml onion, minced
- 44.37 ml low-fat mayonnaise, Best Foods Reduced Fat is best
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 0.06 ml hot sauce
- garlic salt
- 2 low-fat flour tortillas, use La Tortilla Factory Muligrain Soft Wraps
- 170.09 g turkey pastrami
- 177.44 ml sauerkraut
- 2 slice fat free cheese, torn in half
- cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave for about 10 seconds so they don't tear when making the wraps.
- Spread half of the dressing on each wrap- don't spread the dressing all the way to the edge. Lay down 2 half pieces of the cheese on top of the dressing, then split the saurkraut between the wraps, and finally split the turkey pastrami between the wraps. Fold one side over, then fold the bottom up, then roll the wrap as tightly as you can without tearing it.
- Lay the wraps seam side down in the microwave and heat for 30-60 seconds on high until warmed through.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and lay the wraps in seam side down. Let them toast in the pan for about a minute on each side.
I made these for my husband and I for dinner tonight, using La Tortilla Factory rye wraps, which I HIGHLY recommend, as they really made these taste like gooey, delicious reubens. I wound up not using all of the dressing as it seemed like it would be too messy if I did (and there was dripping even without using it all, but it was the good, reuben sandwich kind of dripping!). This was a huge, delicious meal that both of us enjoyed. I think I actually prefer these wraps to a messy pile of a sandwich!