Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty dish that you can enjoy with a happy heart
Make and share this Lighten up Linguine With Clams recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until done to taste; drain.
- Melt margarine along with the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Stir in clams with juice, parsley, salt and white pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Toss with pasta until evenly coated.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Quick and easy, and tasty! I added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes ~ Tagged for Fall Rookie Tag due 09/16.
This was really delicious and very easy. I expected my kids to whine about eating it but they loved it and asked for seconds. My only word of caution is don't add extra salt, it is pretty salty as is.
Loved, loved, loved this! This is so easy to prepare and it's quick to cook up..I always seem to have most of the ingredients on hand. I like that the mushrooms give this a meaty texture and the clams give you the chewiness needed to satisfy the taste buds. I made just a few changes, I deceased the amount of linguine to 3 oz per person and used butter instead of margarine. This is a keeper, thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.