This is a low fat version of a classic rice pudding and it tastes great.
Make and share this Lighten up Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Combine milk and rice, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduced heat to med/low and cover. Cook stirring occasionally until mixture is creamy and liquid is almost absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in condensed milk, raisons and vanilla.
- Cook stirring occasionally until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Top with whipped topping and cinnamon if you want.
I loved the sound of this and it tasted good but mine was a little gluggy, I don't know what I did wrong. I used dried blueberries & craisins in place of raisins. I want to try this again in future & may revise my rating but this time, it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Thanks for posting!
This recipe was very easy to make. It didn't turn out so creamy, though, more solid. I even added more milk than the recipe called for, as I could see that it was getting too thick. I am not sure how to correct that other than using less rice than the recipe calls for. Also, like another reviewer, step 2 only took about 10 to 15 minutes, not 25. The recipe tastes great, it is just thicker than I would prefer and not a creamy texture.
I followed your instructions to the letter, but something went wrong. it took about 45mins to re juice the to a required level. I had the heat on low simmer, Added the rest is the recipe, that took long than 10 mins to thicken, but still very runny. I did not guess the amounts as I have a good measuring vessel. I will give it another try but will use 1 and a half of rice. I have not had a rice pudding for over 40 yrs and I was looking forward to it. Still better luck next time.