Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love squash casserole and am trying to make a lighter version.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 30 low-fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, melted
- Boil squash, carrots and onions in salted water until soft.
- Drain well.
- Mash with potatoe masher or blend in food processor.
- Stir squash mixture and next 3 ingredients together and place in a 2 qt casserole dish.
- In Seperate bowl combine ritz crackers and margarine and spread over the top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown. ( About 35 minutes).