1/6 Photos of Light Wheat Hamburger Buns
Riverside Len's Note:
This is a recipe I developed. For the flours I use metric weight measurements for accuracy. If you don't have a metric scale, you can use 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 2 1/4 cups bread flour; that doesn't translate exactly to the metric measurements I use but it will produce a similar result. Time does not include time for rising as rise time will vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water to 110 degrees f.
- 2Mix dry ingredients.
- 3add oil and water.
- 4Mix until the dough is formed.
- 5let rest 5 minutes.
- 6Knead in a stand mixer using the dough hook for 3 minutes
- 7let rest for 5 minutes.
- 8Knead an additional 3 minutes.
- 9Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until dough is doubled (about 1 hour).
- 10Divide dough into 8 pieces, roll out to flatten each piece and then bring 2 opposite ends together and then bring the other 2 ends together, shaping into a ball.
- 11Place seam side down on a oiled baking sheet (or place on parchment paper lined baking sheet).
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and let buns rise until quite puffy.
- 13Bake in pre-heated 375 f oven for about 15 minutes.
- 14Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Wheat Hamburger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g