Recipe by Crazycook in PA
This is a light, slightly sweet wheat bread that is moist and a high riser. I fix this in my dough cycle in my bread machine and bake in my regular oven.
Top Review by Cooking Mom of 7
We really like this bread. It holds together very well for sandwiches. I did make 2 changes. I used olive oil in place of the shortening (I don't want my kids to have the trans fats) and I increased the vital wheat gluten to 1 tablespoon. I make 2 loaves every other day (I have 7 kids). This is one of our everyday breads. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 1 egg
- 28.39 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml vegetable shortening
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml bread flour
- 7.39 ml vital gluten
- 9.85 ml bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients in your bread machine as directed by the manufacturer.
- Make sure gluten is mixed thoroughly with the flour.
- Hit "dough" cycle.
- Form into loaf and place in a 8x4 loaf pan.
- Let rise, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.