Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very light and good tasting wheat bread that kids love. Another standard on our dinner table. Sometimes I'll make dinner rolls with this recipe. Hope you like it with your meals! Cook time is estimated if you bake in your oven and not in your bread machine. also makes 15 rolls
- 326.01 g lukewarm water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml dry milk
- 9.85 ml salt
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour (I use Hodgson's Mill)
- 828.06 ml white bread flour
- 9.85 ml yeast
- Sift flours, salt, sugar and dry milk.
- Add to bread machine with liquids first then flour mixture- yeast should be last.
- Set on light/med setting.
- Often I will set just on dough setting and knead and raise last time to bake in my own oven at 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
This turned out to be an excellent bread! and I can't wait to try to make some rolls with the dough! I was skeptical at first because it called for ounces of water . . . by the way the conversion for 11.5 oz. of water is 1 and 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons. and then it called for a "beaten" egg and "melted" butter . . the dough was really sticky and somewhat gooey when the cycle was complete (I baked the loaf in my oven) but I baked it anyhow and the bread turned out PERFECT! a recipe well worth it! Thank you soooooo much!
Mixed in ABM on dough cycle. Kneaded a little extra whole wheat pastry flour into the dough (too sticky), formed into rolls, and let rise for about 30 minutes. Added: 1 extra tsp. yeast and 1 extra Tablespoon sugar. Cooked at 375 for 15 minutes. Yum!
I have made these several times, they turn out great every time. My kids hang around waiting for them to come out of the oven.