Recipe by LiisaN
Very light and good tasting wheat bread that kids love. Another standard on our dinner table. Sometimes I'll make dinner rolls with this recipe. Hope you like it with your meals! Cook time is estimated if you bake in your oven and not in your bread machine. also makes 15 rolls
Top Review by littlebrat Bon
This turned out to be an excellent bread! and I can't wait to try to make some rolls with the dough! I was skeptical at first because it called for ounces of water . . . by the way the conversion for 11.5 oz. of water is 1 and 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons. and then it called for a "beaten" egg and "melted" butter . . the dough was really sticky and somewhat gooey when the cycle was complete (I baked the loaf in my oven) but I baked it anyhow and the bread turned out PERFECT! a recipe well worth it! Thank you soooooo much!
- 11 1⁄2 ounces lukewarm water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (I use Hodgson's Mill)
- 3 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flours, salt, sugar and dry milk.
- Add to bread machine with liquids first then flour mixture- yeast should be last.
- Set on light/med setting.
- Often I will set just on dough setting and knead and raise last time to bake in my own oven at 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.