Recipe by papergoddess
This has become my favorite standard loaf. I found this recipe on the Fleischmann's yeast website.
Top Review by Sweetpea71
Love this! I used 2 tsp. yeast and 2 tbs. butter and put it in my bread machine on dough cycle. I kneaded it slightly to remove air bubbles then let it rise for 30 to 45 minutes in a warm area then baked in the oven. (Which is how I do most of my breads) at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I have made it several times!! My family eats it up quickly!
- 10 ounces warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white bread machine flour
- 1 cup whole wheat bread machine flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons fleischmann bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in the order given in bread machine bucket.
- Process on basic/white cycle, medium color crust setting.
- I use warm (tepid) water and the rapid (3 hr) setting.
- You can use 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast, but I've found that 2 teaspoons produces a fluffier loaf.