Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy beer bread is reduced fat and sugar and adds whole wheat flour. Using a light beer reduces the calorie count even more! Tastes so good, you would never know its light!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour (or all purpose flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix dry ingredients and beer.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
I made another beer bread recipe from this site that does not hold a candle to this one, I only wished I would have tryed this one first, this has texture and taste and is one I will make again soon, forgot to mention I used sugar in place of the Splenda and increased to 3 tablespoons, thanks for sharing Brooke!
I used 4 packets of Sun Crystals instead of sugar or Splenda and used a bottle of Shiner Bock Ryes and Shine then topped it with a 1/2 cup melted Falfurrias Texas butter!!!. It is still baking,but I know it will be awesome!!
really delish!! my only personal tweeks were to add ground flax into the mix and sub Earth Balance for butter while dusting the top with my bread topping crumbles of ground oats,flax and sea salt...the bread was sweet, soft, yet crusty. Truly the perfect bread for anything...truly a great recipe!!! -THANKS!!! (made for "I Recommend Tag" and I recommend you make this right now!!!)