Recipe by SilentCricket
My daughter loves tuna...mainly in a tuna sandwich or my tuna macaroni salad. But, sometimes I like to serve it in a main course. I checked with the good folks at "Chicken of the Sea" and came up with this recipe that was a winner with my whole family! (Cook time does not include time if using microwave)
Top Review by GinnyP
I steamed some fresh veggies to put on top of the tuna mixture (green beans, carrots, corn, and broccolini) and it turned out so delicious! It's a very light dish. I could see women delighting over it, but hungry men would probably accuse me of trying to put them on a diet! :) My daughter and I loved it!!!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained (I used a pkg of corn, beans, peas, and carrots)
- 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, seasonings, onion, and green pepper.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Mix in tuna.
- Press gently into 8-inch pie plate, using the back of a spoon.
- Shape to fit as a pastry shell.
- Toss vegetables with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Turn into shell.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated 325 oven 20-25 minutes.
- Or MICROWAVE on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until edges become firm.