- 2 large egg whites
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 73.94 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 453.59 g package turkey breast cutlets
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth (optional) or 59.14 ml beef broth (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a shallow dish beat together egg whites and milk with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons flour, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and mix well. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add 1 teaspoon butter. Place over medium heat until butter sizzles.
- Put remaining 3 tablespoons flour in plastic bag. Add 2 turkey slices at a time to bag and shake to coat. Dip into milk mixture, turning to coat and letting excess mixture drip off. Add coated turkey to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Transfer to a heat-proof serving platter and keep warm in the preheated oven. Repeat with remaining turkey and butter.
- If desired, after all turkey is cooked, add lemon juice and broth to skillet. Boil 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over turkey.