- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (1 lb) package turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (optional) or 1⁄4 cup beef broth (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a shallow dish beat together egg whites and milk with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons flour, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and mix well. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add 1 teaspoon butter. Place over medium heat until butter sizzles.
- Put remaining 3 tablespoons flour in plastic bag. Add 2 turkey slices at a time to bag and shake to coat. Dip into milk mixture, turning to coat and letting excess mixture drip off. Add coated turkey to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Transfer to a heat-proof serving platter and keep warm in the preheated oven. Repeat with remaining turkey and butter.
- If desired, after all turkey is cooked, add lemon juice and broth to skillet. Boil 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over turkey.