Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This version of an Italian classic is lightened up slightly with soft tofu and lowfat ricotta. Don't worry - no flavor compromises here.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, egg, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley and oregano.
- Fill each shell with about 1/4 cup filling and arrange shells in ovenproof casserole.
- Pour marinara over shells and bake covered for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.
I've been looking for a lightened up version of stuffed shells for a long time. Until now, they've all been flavorless. Thank you for this recipe. The whole family loved it and it has become a favorite. I made it exactly as written except used egg substitute.