Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a very light, low-fat version of a typical Thai chicken soup. Served with noodle, it is filling and satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1inch pieces
- 1 large peeled carrot
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- hot sauce
- Make chicken stock by boiling chicken and carrot in water for 1 hours Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass; saute 3 minutes.
- Add to broth; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and pasta; cook 8 minutes or until pasta is done. Add lime juice.
- Remove from heat.
- Discard lemongrass.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls. To each bowl, add some onions, cilantro and hot sauce.