1 hr 31 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #989720's Note:
This is a very light, low-fat version of a typical Thai chicken soup. Served with noodle, it is filling and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1inch pieces
- 1 large peeled carrot
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- hot sauce
- 1Make chicken stock by boiling chicken and carrot in water for 1 hours Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass; saute 3 minutes.
- 4Add to broth; bring to a boil.
- 5Add chicken and pasta; cook 8 minutes or until pasta is done. Add lime juice.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Discard lemongrass.
- 8Let stand 5 minutes.
- 9Serve in bowls. To each bowl, add some onions, cilantro and hot sauce.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: