Dine & Dish's Note:
Originally from Cooking Light, I think. This is a great soup for those of you that love tomato's like I do! Perfect for the cold weather months when you want something a little different than the canned tomato soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 slices diagonally cut French baguettes (1/2 inch thick slices)
- 1Bring tomato and juice to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- 3Place tomato mixture and basil in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 4Return pureed mixture to pan; stir in milk, salt, and pepper.
- 5Add cream cheese, stirring well with a whisk, and cook over medium heat until thick (about 5 minutes).
- 6Ladle soup into individual bowls; garnish with sliced basil, if desired.
- 7Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light & Tasty Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 607.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g