Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, good for you (well at least you'll get some fruit for the day) & just great to eat. From the Light & Tasty magazine.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour,sugar,baking soda,cinnamon & salt.
- Combine egg & apples; add to flour mixture & mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a sprayed 8 inch square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream or pour some caramel sauce over it & enjoy.
- Makes 9 servings.
Similar consistency to bread pudding, but lighter. Really easy to make, very delicious. Great recipe.