Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created this recipe when I was attempting to closely follow Jorge Cruise's 8MM eating plans. I get bored with certain foods easily so this was a new way to modify an old favorite to meet Jorge's guidelines and keep me interested!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed (this is used in the meatballs)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed (this is used in the sauce)
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- In mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, S&P and 1/2 tsp dill.
- Mix well.
- Form 1" meatballs (between 24-30) and cook them in a cooking spray-coated, pre-heated saute pan at medium high until thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove from pan and scrape out leavings, discarding them.
- In same saute pan, combine mushrooms, dill, soup& broth, stirring to mix well.
- Bring to slow boil and add meatballs back in.
- Add Fat Free Sour Cream.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice or noodles with a salad.
Icebean, I was so hoping we would enjoy this recipe. It was very bland and tasted like meatball soup. After adding: green pepper, white wine, garlic it was much better. I think I'll stick with my own recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar's Revised Bargain Basement Game.