Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was taken from the Light & Tasty magazine and was a huge hit with the entire family. It is fabulous!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (additional)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- In another shallow dish, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture; dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown half of the chicken breasts in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.