This recipe was taken from the Light & Tasty magazine and was a huge hit with the entire family. It is fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (additional)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- 2In another shallow dish, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt.
- 3Coat chicken with flour mixture; dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- 4In a large nonstick skillet, brown half of the chicken breasts in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 5In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light & Tasty Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 404.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 32.7 g