Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Makes a light and festive treat that's sure to dazzle friends and family at the end of any meal. It is decadent, but decidly lighter with a mouth-watering taste everyone will enjoy. Note: cook time does not include freezing time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 2 medium bananas, sliced (firm)
- 1 (8 inch) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed (divided)
- 4 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine bananas and 2 tbsp reserved juice; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain bananas, discarding juice. Arrange bananas over bottom of crust; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice.
- Gradually beat in sherbert.
- Gradually beat in pudding mix; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Refrigerate 1/3 cup pineapple until serving; fold remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spread evenly over banana slices.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Chop three maraschino cherries and pat dry; arrange cherries and reserved pineapple around edge of pie.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel topping.
- Dollop remaining whipped topping onto center of pie.
- Sprinkle with pecans, top with remaining cherry.