Recipe by jonesies
This appetizer is wonderful when vine-ripened tomatoes are in season. You can also spoon the mixture over grilled chicken or fish for a nice change.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Mmmm, I love brushetta, especially with artichokes. I couldn't resist rubbing a garlic clove on the bread before toasting, and added just about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Parmesan would have been good too. Thank you!
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baguette into 32 slices.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz bread with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, basil, oil, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto bread slices.