- 12 ounces beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 4 serving portions
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated to make rings
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large, cold skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium.
- Brown meat on both sides.
- Add undrained tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, 1/3 cup water, thyme, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Set aside.
- Cook or reheat rice at this time.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the 1 tablespoon water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Stir into the tomato mixture, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice.