Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a favorite recipe to use less sugar.
- 3 1⁄4 cups whole almonds
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl beat egg white until slightly frothy.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add almonds to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Then pour cinnamon sugar mixture into almonds and toss to coat.
- Spread sugar coated almonds on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes; stir after 10 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from pan.