Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light version of stuffed zucchini
- 7 medium zucchini
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Cut 6 zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds if they are large.
- Blanch shell 8-10 minutes. Scoop out zucchini, leaving 1/2 inch shell. Chop zucchini that you scooped out.
- Chop remining zucchini into small cubes.
- Brown turkey, onion, green pepper, and chopped zucchini.
- Add all seasonings, bread crumbs, tomato paste, and half or the cheese.
- Stuff zucchini shells.
- Pour sauce over all, sprinkle on remaining cheese, and bake 30 minutes at 375°F.
This was good. I used a reduced calorie pasta sauce rather than the tomato sauce/paste. The ingredients don't show breadcrumbs, although the directions call to add it? I skipped it and the stuffing was a bit watery for it, but no big deal. I used round "globe" zucchini, and fat free cheese.