Recipe by adena mangis
This is a lighter version of stuffed French toast. It is still very good and fruity.
Top Review by cookin mimi
This is a great recipe, and quick. I made this stuffed french toast for breakfast and my DH and my Mom both loved it, and I did also. I used sugar-free blueberry fruit spread instead of apricot, since that is what I had. Thanks for the lighter version of this --it is a keeper recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons apricot fruit spread
- 8 slices French bread, 1 inch thick slices
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot fruit spread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and 2 tablespoons fruit.
- Slice bread almost open and fill with cream cheese mixture.
- In a shallow bowl beat egg whites, egg, milk, vanilla, and spice mix.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture on both sides. cook bread in skillet for about 3 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat 1/2 cup spreadable fruit until melted. Serve over French toast.