Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this over a thousand times now, and I never get tired of it! Takes care of my appetite and sweet cravings, with no fat and little calories. Sometimes I'll even add half a banana or 20-25 blueberries to change it up a bit, or even 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice. This makes 1 HUGE serving, or just add 2 more strawberries and use 1/2 a cup of milk instead of 1/3 and you'll get 2 medium servings.
- 8 -10 medium strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ice cubes or 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- Place strawberries in blender first, followed by liquid ingredients.
- Blend on low for 20 seconds.
- Slowly blend in each ice cube until smooth, and serve immediately.
DH is my stravberry smoothie, shake, etc. lover so I made this for him. He said it had a nice flavor but for him more strawberries or like mentioned in the description half a banana. I will make this for him again adding more strawberries with a variety of other fruit. A great versatile recipe to make to your own taste. Thank you hon for posting another yummy smoothie recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring 2009 PAC.