Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A mix made in heaven! From "Good Times" magazine
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (49 g) package light fruit pectin
- 2 cups white sugar
- In a heavy non-aluminum pot, mash strawberries with potato masher.
- Stir in bananas and lemon juice, making sure pan is not more than half full.
- Combine pectin with 1/4 Celsius.
- of the sugar; stir into strawberry mixture.
- Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly; stir in remaining sugar.
- Cook, stirring, until fruit mix is in a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil, stirring, for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Using metal spoon, stir and skim off foam for 5 minutes.
- Pour into five 1 Celsius.
- canning jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Seal with prepared discs and bands.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.