Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I researched gnocchi recipes and came up with this one to cut down the fat and boost the fiber. WW Friendly!
- Set a large pot of heavily salted water to boil.
- Take the spinach one handful at a time and squeeze it dry in a tea towel. Chop fine.
- Combine the Spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- First add whole wheat flour, then add 1 Tbs of AP flour and mix gently until dough comes together. Add the remaining Tb of flour if needed.
- Dust work surface with flour and divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Take a piece of dough and roll it out into a "snake" and cut into 1" pieces. Roll each piece along the back of a fork to give it a ridged texture. Repeat on remaining pieces of dough.
- Drop formed pasta into the boiling water a few pieces at a time and cook until they float up to the surface. 1-2 minutes Fish out pasta with a slotted spoon or spider and set aside.
- When all the pasta is cooked, top it with your desired sauce or butter and cheese.