I researched gnocchi recipes and came up with this one to cut down the fat and boost the fiber. WW Friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set a large pot of heavily salted water to boil.
- 2Take the spinach one handful at a time and squeeze it dry in a tea towel. Chop fine.
- 3Combine the Spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- 4First add whole wheat flour, then add 1 Tbs of AP flour and mix gently until dough comes together. Add the remaining Tb of flour if needed.
- 5Dust work surface with flour and divide dough into 4 pieces.
- 6Take a piece of dough and roll it out into a "snake" and cut into 1" pieces. Roll each piece along the back of a fork to give it a ridged texture. Repeat on remaining pieces of dough.
- 7Drop formed pasta into the boiling water a few pieces at a time and cook until they float up to the surface. 1-2 minutes Fish out pasta with a slotted spoon or spider and set aside.
- 8When all the pasta is cooked, top it with your desired sauce or butter and cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: