1/3 Photos of Light Spinach Pasta With Tofu
A simple and light spinach with pasta recipe which I make for lunch at least once a week. My oven doesn't work so this is baking free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta according to package directions but only till its almost done.
- 2Wash and clean the spinach and steam with a little water for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- 3Once it is steamed, blenderize it with the same water to get a spinach paste which is kind of watery
- 4In a large non stick skillet, heat oil.
- 5When oil gets hot, add the chopped garlic.
- 6When the garlic is slightly browned add the onions and stir fry till the onions turn brown.
- 7Add the tofu and stir fry till the tofu changes color a bit and looks slightly as if it has been fried.
- 8At this point add the red pepper flakes/powder and stir. Immediately add the the spinach paste
- 9Let it simmer.
- 10Add salt.
- 11When the water from the spinach reduces add the semi cooked pasta and let it cook completely. If you think more water is needed add that.
- 12I don't add cheese, but can also do the last step in the oven with mozzarella on top.
- 13I like this hot and cold--tastes good every way.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Spinach Pasta With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g