1/2 Photos of Light Spiced Apple Coffee Cake
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is an easy to make, great-tasting and low fat coffee cake. I clipped it from my local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2In a measuring cup, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoons cloves.
- 3Halve and core apples; peel one of the halves and finely chop; thinly slice remaining 3 apple halves.
- 4In a large bowl, combine baking mix, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, remaining 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg and remaining 1/8 teaspoons cloves.
- 5In a small bowl, combine egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients, beating until combined, about 30 seconds (batter will be lumpy).
- 6Stir in the chopped apple; spread batter in prepared pan.
- 7Arrange appple slices over batter, overlapping slightly.
- 8Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 9Let cool on a wire rack.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Spiced Apple Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 565.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g