Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light and easy simple smoked fish pie everyone will love
Make and share this Light Smoked Fish Pie With Kumara Mash recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g kumara, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 600 g smoked fish fillet, skin and bones removed, flaked (I used smoked hoki)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- Cook kumara in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until very tender. In a small saucepan, gently heat 1/2 cup trim milk until warm. Drain and mash kumara, beating in warmed milk until mash is smooth and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a saucepan, add oil and cook onion for 5 minutes to soften. Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Gradually add milk, stirring continually for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in smoked fish, capers, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between 6 individual ovenproof dishes. Top with hot kumara mash and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under a preheated grill for 5 minutes until golden brown.