Recipe by Ceezie
I got this recipe from a Jennie O Turkey package
Top Review by Shelby Jo
I made these exactly as posted and really enjoyed them. This is a recipe that takes ingredients that I always have on hand, which is nice. The flavor was good, and I enjoyed the addition of the bell pepper. I served it on sandwich thins slathered with some Laughing Cow cheese. Made for a delicious and easy supper tonight. Thanks for posting! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 kaiser rolls, split, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook 3 mins; stirring occasionally. Crumble turkey into skillet; cook 3 min stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper, Simmer uncovered 10-15 mins or until sauce thickens. Spoon mixture onto bottom of rolls; close with top rolls.