Recipe by AmateurCook
I like to start the day with a flavorful and healthy breakfast. The best thing about this is it can be made in a matter of minutes.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 full egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch dried garlic (to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray.
- Crack one full egg into the pan, adding only the egg whites of 2 other eggs.
- Sprinkle dried garlic and black pepper to taste (garlic salt can be added instead if you prefer that).
- When the egg has just hardened on the bottom (the eggs on the top should still be in liquid form), scramble the eggs.
- Squeeze any excess water from the spinach leaves and add them to the eggs. Let the spinach leaves cook until it's time to stir the scrambled eggs again.
- Cook until the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Add the goat cheese (you can use crumbles if you prefer) to the SIDE of the plate and use as a "dip". I find if you mix the goat cheese into the scrambled eggs, it dilutes the flavor of the goat cheese greatly.