Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty light main dish salad. Good summer meal, either for lunch or a light supper.
Make and share this Light Shrimp and Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta (or other small pasta shapes)
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Toss pasta with shrimp, celery, red pepper, peas and onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to pasta mixture.
- Stir well.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, serve on a bed of lettuce, accompanied with a slice or two of fresh crusty bread.
We loved this recipe! It is a great summer meal in itself, or salad to compliment the grill!
Wonderful for a hot summer day. Although it does take some time to prepare it is well worth it. Can't wait to have this recipe again.
Wonderful simple salad that we will be making again soon. The only change I made to this salad was I used green onions instead of regular onions. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe.