Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great tasting and healthy! This will make 4 - 8"x8" pans. If you are not concerned with the fat it taste great to add some shredded Parmesan or cheddar to the top of it before you bake. I use instant potatoes for the convenience factor, but real mashed potatoes taste even better! Note: The amount of instant potatoes may vary by brand. Enough instant potatoes should be prepared for 16 servings.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags mixed vegetables
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 (12 ounce) jars beef gravy (I use fat-free)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 1⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 1⁄3 cups water
- In a 3 quart pan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables, gravy, 1 teaspoon salt, sage, thyme, rosemary and pepper.
- Transfer to 8"x8" pans coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the instant potatoes with water, milk, butter and remaining salt.
- Spread over meat mixture.
- Store in the refrigerator for no longer than one day (or freeze).
- To freeze it: cool completely and place each pan in it's own labeled 1 gallon freezer bag. Freeze.
- If frozen, thaw pan overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through.