Recipe by NicoleM
That's right -- a lighter version of scalloped potatoes. No cream or cheese but lots of taste. When I make this, I put it in a couple of casseroles, cook it and freeze. An easy side for a quick week night meal.
- 12 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (I like Youkon Gold)
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups boiling chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 well greased casserole dishes, layer potatoes, onions, salt and pepper.
- In saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook until blended.
- Add chicken broth, cook until boiling and thickend.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 50 minutes.