Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very light and wonderfully tasty!!!
Make and share this Light Sauteed Tilapia With Lemon Broth recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 (6 -8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Melt 1 tsp butter & oil in large skillet over low heat.
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper & paprika. Coat fish in flour on a shallow dish, shake off excess flour.
- Increase heat to medium-high, when butter turns light brown add fillets and saute 3 mins both sides.
- Remove fillets from pan and pour broth and lemon juice into the hot pan. Bring to a boil and whisk in 2 tsp butter.
- Serve sauce over fillets.
DH says it is a "Homerun!" I'm not much of a fish eater, but even I enjoyed this one... Seasoned the fish and the flour with the salt, pepper and paprika (added a bit of garlic powder to the flower as well!) and, once the fish was cooked and removed, added about 2 tsp of the seasoned flour mix to the broth/lemon juice and then reduced... made a fabulous dipping sauce... Thanks so very much! I will be using this often!!
Fabulous- even without the sauce. (Which is shocking for me to say.. I am a huge lemon lover!) Delicious!
This was light and tasty! I am always looking for new ways to cook fish and this is a winner! I followed the recipe exactly except I seasoned the fish with seasoned salt (in place of regular), ground pepper, garlic powder and the paprika before searing. I served this with rice and grilled asparagus. Thank you for a great recipe!