Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pack these colorful sandwiches for an out-of-the-ordinary lunch or whip them up for a quick dinner.
- 16 ounces pink salmon or 16 ounces red salmon, drained (boneless and skinless, or you'll need to remove)
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita bread or 4 sandwich buns or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, sliced
- In medium bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Serve in whole wheat pitas,sandwich rolls or on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato.
I was expecting more for some reason but found this to be just the usual salmon salad with some crunchy stuff added. I used ultra light cream cheese, maybe that was why it was somewhat taste-less. Won't be making this one again.
I used pink salmon and added a chopped spring onion, used it for my husbands sandwiches for work. He gave 2 thumbs up! Thanks for posting. =)
This was good. I used light whipped cream cheese, but otherwise followed the directions exactly. I think that I will add some diced onions next time, as Evie* suggested. The crunch of the celery was a nice touch. I served it open-faced on toast. A good light dinner for a hot day!