Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best way to describe rock cakes are as an ugly, cake-like, drop cookie.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat margarine (60g)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat soymilk
- 2 egg whites
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour into large bowl then add remaining dry ingredients.
- In a microwave safe jug melt margarine. Add milk and combine using a whisk. Add egg whites to this mix and thoroughly whisk.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 16 and drop onto a baking tray coated with cooking spray (or line with baking paper).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pale golden.